Set up a fund
A Donor Advised Fund is a simple, cost effective and tailored way of making a difference to an area that interests your company or you and your family.
If you are interested in supporting Kingston and directing your donations towards the smaller charities and community projects that struggle to compete for funding amongst the big high profile charities, then a Donor Advised Fund may be for you.
You may want to give across a broad range of issues, but are likely to have key areas that you would like to focus on, for example young people, financial literacy, the environment, or employment.
A Donor Advised Fund is a flexible model where you:
- Set the strategy and remit of your Fund from the outset and monitor it through its lifetime.
- Choose projects to support.
- Outsource the administrative burden of the grant-making.
- Benefit from the expertise and reach of The London Community Foundation, with a dedicated Programme Manager as your contact.
Donor Advised Funds can be set up in one of two ways:
- A Flow-through fund for immediate impact starting at an investment of £50,000
Donations are made and spent within a specified period of time – usually 12 months
- An Endowment fund invested for long term giving start at £150,000
You may prefer a combination of both flow-through and endowment, making both an immediate impact and investing in Kingston’s communities for generations to come.
For more information:
Love Kingston Fund Manager
020 8255 3335 / 0207 582 5117